My Songs

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My Newest Song

YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND JOHN MAYER
“GOD YOUR ARE MY BEST Friend” Jon Long


I’ve been pray’in all afternoon
Me and God, just room for two
One thing that I prayed for me
Discover you
Is all I want to do

One prayer that I have
To see you beautiful face
For you to hold me in your arms and
Give me just one kiss

Pre-chorus:

God I need you,
I’ll pray it
I’ll cross every sea
To make it
Take all my big plans
And break 'em
Just to be with you my king

Chorus:
God you’re my best friend
God you’re my best friend
The one who understands
God you’re my best friend

Something 'bout the way you make me feel safe
I love the way that keep me warm, like my blanket
You tell me where to go Keep me straight and narrow
I'll keep run’in after you
Nothin else I’d want to do


2 Comments:

  • Dude those lyrics rock!! I'm gonna DL that tune so I can see what it would sound like. Sweet!! You should play it on friday, DO IT.

    By Blogger Sgt Steve, at 4:32 PM  

  • Wow. I like how you kept some of his lyrics in there...
    "You tell me where to go Keep me straight and narrow". Oh man, that's the best! I tried to sing his melody to your lyrics and it mostly worked. Somehow it would be wrong to play it for worship....I dunno.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home